[TRNSYS-users] Mathematical description of ASHP Type941

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Mon Mar 18 08:36:56 PDT 2013

Dear Zhe Li,

You can see the version of your TESS Libraries by
looking at the top of the ".Tess ModelsReadme.html" file or looking at
the number on the external DLL's in the ".UserLibReleaseDLLs" directory.
With TRNSYS version 17.01.0016, the TESS Libraries version 17.1.01 were
distributed. Thus, please have the primary end-user at your institution
contact your TRNSYS distributor for the latest TESS Libraries version
(17.1.03).

The source code was likely based on a water source heat
pump (WSHP) which is a water-to-air heat pump. An air-to-water heat pump
is basically a backwards water-to-air heat pump, so you can look at the
Type919 WSHP documentation for reference, and the new Type941.f90 source
code with the new installation package should be helpful as well.

Best
regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2013-03-15 08:49, Zhe Li wrote:

> Dear
Matt,

> I am currently using Version 5.3.0.0 and Trnsys version
17.01.0016. Is this the latest version? (for TESS libraries?). I am able
to find the Type941.f90 text file in this version, has this been
rewritten or this is the latest version which I can use to investigate
how the heat pump works?

> Second thing is, Would be possible if you
could recommend books or journal papers which the source code was
written based on?

> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Zhe Li

> FROM: trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu
[mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu] ON BEHALF OF Matt Duffy

SENT: 07 March 2013 17:54
> TO: trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
> SUBJECT: Re:
[TRNSYS-users] Mathematical description of ASHP Type941

> Dear Zhe
Li,

> We apologize the the component does not yet have
documentation. However, it is a straight-forward, and I can summerize
it. Please make sure that you are using the current version, 17.1.03 of
the TESS Libraries. The source code in the ".Tess
ModelsSourceCodeType941.f90", and you can view this in a simple text
editor program. This is an excellent way to see how an output such as
power is calculated. It has all of the equations in an easy to follow
manner in the new f90 code. Also, the "More" buttons in the proforma are
also very helpful for information about the specific variables. It is a
performance-map based component like most all of the other HVAC heat
pump, air conditioner, and chiller component models. There is a
performance map for when it is operating in heating mode, and there is a
performance map for when it is operating in cooling mode. These
performance map external data files are in the "InterpolateData" format
(see the 08-ProgrammersGuild.pdf for more information). Like many of the
other TESS heat pump components, the capacity and power in the data file
(the dependent variables) are normalized, so the user can adjust the
total capacity and power in the parameter of that particular component.

> If you have any other specific questions, please feel free to
contact me or TESS technical support about the TESS Libraries.

Thank you,

> Matt
>
> On 2013-03-07 04:42, Zhe Li wrote:

Dear All,

>> Thank you very much for your time.
>>
>> I have
recently built a combined air source heat pump and solar thermal system
for my PhD research study. After carefully reading the mathematical
description (also related books) of solar thermal system for flat-plate
and evacuated-tube collector, I fully understand how the energy output
can be predicted from TRNSYS. However, I am struggling to understand how
the ASHP Type941 is to predict the power output. It is vital for me to
understand how this component works and be able to write into my final
PhD thesis. I am wondering if this mathematical description has been
released yet? If it is, I will be very grateful if somebody could send
me a copy of it.

>> Sorry, I have asked a similar question before,
however, this is so important that I have no choice but keep asking it.

>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>
>> Zhe Li
>>
>> Tá an
teachtaireacht seo scanta ó thaobh ábhar agus víreas ag Seirbhís Scanta
Ríomhphost de chuid Seirbhísí Faisnéise, ITBÁC agus meastar í a bheith
slán. http://www.dit.ie [1]
>> This message has been scanned for content
and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and
is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie [2]

> T an teachtaireacht
seo scanta thaobh bhar agus vreas ag Seirbhs Scanta Romhphost de chuid
Seirbhs Faisnise, ITBC agus meastar a bheith sln. http://www.dit.ie
[3]
> This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT
Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be
clean. http://www.dit.ie [4]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.dit.ie