[TRNSYS-users] Fan Motor Efficiency - Type 111b & Type 112a

Joseph Firrantello jxf282 at psu.edu
Mon Mar 18 12:35:31 PDT 2013

Hello,

I've been using the Type 111b and Type 112a fan models in building
energy use simulations. After looking through the documentation and
FORTRAN code for these Types, it appears to me that the "motor
efficiency" parameter is not (and is not supposed to be) taken into
account for the "power consumption" output? Another way of phrasing
this: The "rated power" parameter is HP (i.e. including motor
efficiency), not BHP? I think I'm understanding this, just wanted to
confirm.

Thanks,

Joe Firrantello