[TRNSYS-users] Cooling load input

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue May 14 10:02:49 PDT 2013

While the description below is certainly an option, the loads that
you are imposing on your Type 56 building with this method will be added
to any loads calculated by the building itself. In other words, you will
not get back out the loads that you have pre-calculated with this
approach. A simpler way to do this is to simply "add" the loads to a
flow stream (air or water) and calculate the resultant increase in
temperature, humidity, enthalpy etc. of that flow stream and then
condition the flow stream with heating and/or cooling devices. This can
be done using "Equations" in TRNSYS or, if you have the TESS Loads
Library, there are several components in there that were written for
EXACTLY your situation and make the process a whole lot easier.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street,
Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 05/14/2013
3:48 am, Flynn Ciaran wrote:

> Hey Mohamed,
>
> Guidelines for
cooling (and cooling external to type 56) are given on page 82 of the
Volume 5 manual "Multizone building modeling with Type56 and TRNbuild".

> What you could do is use a Type 9 data reader to input your data
into TRNSYS. To do this, in TRNBuild, you can create an input from the
navigator window. Then in the Gain type manager, you can add a gain type
and set the power to the negative of your input data (see manual for
further details). Finally, you assign the gain type to the zones of
choice in your building, and connect your type 9 data reader to your
type 56.

trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu
[mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu] ON BEHALF OF Mohamad Azly Abd
Aziz (Ir)
trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
> SUBJECT: [TRNSYS-users] Cooling load input

> Hi
>
> I have this problem and hope somebody can help me on
this. I have measured hourly cooling load data (8760 hrs) from existing
building (via Building Automation System) and planning to use that data
in TRNSYS as a building cooling load input. How is it possible to do
that in TRNSYS?.