[TRNSYS-users] Shadings, walls and windows

Martin Schmelas Martin.Schmelas at hs-offenburg.de
Thu May 23 06:40:43 PDT 2013

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a question about shadings, walls and windows.

I built up a 3D model in TRNSYS3D. For the surface dimensions I used for
every wall the centerline. The exterior walls have a lot of windows. I know
the thickness of the walls can be defined in TRNBUILD.

For example the exterior wall has a thickness of 50 cm and the windows are
located at the inside dimension, how is the shading from the wall
considered?

Do I have to implement in TRNSYS3D shading groups with the dimension of 50
cm around the windows?

Thanks

Martin