[TRNSYS-users] Problem with type 14b forcing function

Ayoola Afolayan afolayan_ayoola at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 08:15:45 PST 2013

Am modeling a solar domestic water heating system using TRNSYS 16. I want to control when the water in the storage tank is being drawn at a certain flowrate. I connect the output of the type 14b to the coldside flowrate of the tank. I also specify the time of draw and rate for different points but when i check the graph on the plotter and printed the result in excel, the results am having is far different from what was expected. I wanted to control when the water is being drawn but it seems the type 14b is not obeying this command. I will like to know which other component can perform this task and how?
Thank you
Ayoola