[TRNSYS-users] Tempering valve for cooling application ??

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Nov 12 14:04:12 PST 2013

<I would need a component that can be used for diverting return flow
rate from a cooling coil so that part of it goes back to the cooling
source and part is mixed with the inlet flow rate. The idea is to keep
the cooling fluid inlet temperature at its set point. (PLEASE SEE THE
ATTACHMENT!). So in a way you could say that it's a reverse application
for a tempering valve. I have tried to implement this combining a flow
diverter (Type 11f), a flow mixer (type 11h) and an iterative feedback
controller (type 11h). However I it seems to be very difficult to get
the controller to work properly and without convergence (Is it possible
at all?). So my question is that what would you suggest to be the best
way to do this? Can this be done with the basic TRNSYS components
(e.g.type 11f), or is there a component in some TESS library that is
designed for this kind of situation??>

Our tempering valve controller
(Type 953 in TESS Controls Library) has modes for heating applications
and cooling applications - so it should work well for your project.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street,
Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608)
278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 11/12/2013
12:06 pm, santeri siren wrote:

> Dear Trnsys users,
>
> I would need
a component that can be used for diverting return flow rate from a
cooling coil so that part of it goes back to the cooling source and part
is mixed with the inlet flow rate. The idea is to keep the cooling fluid
inlet temperature at its set point. (PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT!). So in
a way you could say that it's a reverse application for a tempering
valve.

> I have tried to implement this combining a flow diverter
(Type 11f), a flow mixer (type 11h) and an iterative feedback controller
(type 11h). However I it seems to be very difficult to get the
controller to work properly and without convergence (Is it possible at
all?).

> So my question is that what would you suggest to be the
best way to do this? Can this be done with the basic TRNSYS components
(e.g.type 11f), or is there a component in some TESS library that is
designed for this kind of situation?

> Best regards,
>
> SANTERI
SIREN