[TRNSYS-users] Where can I find some example to couple the Type56 Multizone and Type101 Fluent?

Yi Lu yi.lu at funature.net
Mon Nov 25 08:50:20 PST 2013

Hello,

I'm doing some research on the coupling of Trnsys(TYPE56 Multizone) and CFD
program recently. The most referenced work is the doctoral thesis of Z.
Zhai, “Developing an integrated building design tool by coupling building
energy simulation and computational fluid dynamics programs,” Thesis,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2003.
http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/17617
And I see there is also a Type101 in TRNSYS for calling Fulent, so I tried
to find more information about it, the only thing I found is a paper from
Diego A. Arias http://www.ibpsa.us/pub/simbuild2006/papers/SB06_231_237.pdf.
In the paper Multizone is unfortunately not involved. I hope I can get more
information from you here.
According to  the work of Zhai,  the convective heat transfer from wall
surface to air is the key of the coupling process. My Question is, How can
I implement the convective heat flux to TRNSYS?

Best regards!

Yi