[TRNSYS-users] Type 94 - Series resistance

Alexandre Morin morin-alexandre at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 29 01:04:55 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm using TRNSYS for my studies, to calculate the specific production of PV plants equiped with solar trackers.
But it's been a while that I'm facing issues concerning the type 94 (photovoltaïc panel - 4 parameters model).

Setting the parameter 19 (Rs) to -1 should lead to TRNSYS calculations to estimate the series resistance Rs value.
The bisection method seems quite efficient (used in the code), unfortunatly the results aren't.
These calculations decrease the module efficiency and therefore the output power.

Why ?

The only solution i found so far, is to estimate the Rs value with another software (PVSYST) and then to put this value as input for type 94. I hope someone would have a better solution...

Thanks in advance ! And sorry for my poor english...

Alexandre MORIN
Polytech' Montpellier
Énergétique - Énergies renouvelables