[TRNSYS-users] Adding New Component

Eng. Majdi Amin mta_99 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 1 17:30:30 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. I tried to add a new component using Intel Visual Fortran and MS Visual Studio 2010 and following the example in section 1.8 “Create New Component” in the Getting Started Guide document or “volume 01”.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t generate the (.dll) file for the new component.

When I’m on TRNSYS, I did the following step "File/Export as/Fortran" and create a "Type201" folder anywhere on your disk (e.g. in "MyProjects"). Save the component as Type201.for there.

But then TRNSYS gives me the attached messages.

If I continued and ignored these messages and open the Fortran compiler (MS Visual Studio 2010) and then open my new component “Type301.for” manually, then do the following step:

“Go to ‘Build/Set active configuration’, and select the ‘Release’ project configuration. Press F7 to build the DLL.”

Nothing is generated in the “UserLib\ReleaseDLLs’ directory”. However, I was able to add the new component to the direct access tool. Also, if I continued following the example steps to the end  my system will not work and it

says it couldn't find the (.dll) file. I repeated the example couple times but got nothing so far.

Peace
Majdi Amin