[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS Type110 Temperature change

Clare Murray clare.murray at ise.fraunhofer.de
Fri Oct 18 04:55:16 PDT 2013

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I've been using pump type 110 (and previously 3b) within a solar thermal
system. I've modelled the pumps in the system and am noticing a
temperature change over the temperature inlet to the pump (measured at a
tee piece prior to the pump) and the pump outlet. This difference is
between -1.5 and 1.5 degC and results in fairly high amount heat
transfer considering a high mass flow rate. This temperature difference
is noticed even when I set the pump power and the motor heat loss
fraction to 0. Can anyone explain to me why there is this temperature rise?

Thanks,
Clare