[TRNSYS-users] number of hx pipes in type 713

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Oct 25 12:53:31 PDT 2013

<Hi, I have a problem in type 713 when a want to add more than one
HX pipe. The fatal error is:

_TRNSYS Message 99 : Bad or missing data
on control card. _>_ TRNSYS understood a keyword and is looking for
additional _>_ information for that keyword, but cannot find it. The
control card _>_ is in "reported information" below. _>_ Reported
information : ASSIGN "pipe713.dat" _>_ _>_ASSIGN "pipe713.dat">_

It
looks like the proforma isn't associating the external file with the
logical unit parameter. It should say something like "ASSIGN pipe713.dat
31"__. Where 31 is the logical unit number parameter. Can you check the
proforma to see if the external file is indeed attached to the
parameter?

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N.
Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax:
(608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 10/25/2013 4:44 am, Kiko wrote:

> Hi, I have a problem in type
713 when a want to add more than one HX pipe. The fatal error is:

_TRNSYS Message 99 : Bad or missing data on control card. _>_ TRNSYS
understood a keyword and is looking for additional _>_ information for
that keyword, but cannot find it. The control card _>_ is in "reported
information" below. _>_ Reported information : ASSIGN "pipe713.dat" _>_
_>_ASSIGN "pipe713.dat"_

> I suppose that if the number of HX pipe is
greater than one, I have to add an external data files for each pipe,
but the model generates the same logical unit number and it only allows
to introduce one external data file. I try all the possibilities, I
change the proforma of type 713 to allow introduce more data files and I
describe the pipe configuration in one data file, but the error is
always the same.

> I would like if someone have had the same
situation and if have found a solution.

> Thank you.
>
> Francisco
Fernández Hernández.
> Grupo de Energética, Universidad de Málaga.

Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Industriales.
> C/Doctor Ortiz
Ramos s/n, 29071 Málaga.