[TRNSYS-users] T56 window solar radiation transmission

Jens Apel jens.apel at arup.com
Tue Oct 29 01:53:16 PDT 2013

Dear all,

the following question was posted to the Linkedin group with limited answers. Maybe there are people on the email list who can offer more help.

I am currently trying to understand the transmission of solar radiation through windows in type 56 in more detail. Are there any more detailed sources or descriptions than in the mathematical reference manual (apart from digging through Fortran)? The TRNSYS Manual is not very specific in the T56 manual reference.
As I understand the direct radiation is multiplied with the (interpolated) transmittance for angles 0 to 90 and the diffuse radiation is multiplied with the hemisperical transmittance. Is this correct?
Related to this topic: Does someone have more detail how Window (7) is calculating the angle and hemis values?

Thanks in advance for any hints,
Best, Jens

Jens Apel
Senior Engineer | Advanced Building Engineering

Arup
Joachimstaler Straße 41  10623 Berlin  Germany
t: +49 30 885910 11  f: +49 30 885910 10   i: 76511
www.arup.com