[TRNSYS-users] Utilizing water draw forcing function

afolayan ayoola afolayan_ayoola at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 07:26:43 PDT 2013

hello,
         I am modeling a solar domestic water heating system. I want to create a scenerio whereby certain amount of water(like 21L) will be drawn from a tank of 121L at a particular time (say 7am) at a flowrate of 300kg/hr and also 42L of water  is being drawn again from the tank at 7pm in the night with the same flowrate. I connected the type 14b forcing function output to the inlet flowrate of the tank to control how the water is being used. I run the simulation for 2 days in January with a simulation timestep of 1hr. The draw rate and length of draw was specified (type14b) and the last point was set at 24hrs. The result am getting is not even close to what i was expecting because it seems the water is being used continously. Please i will like to know what am doing wrong.
          I have attached the captured image of my component setup and simulation graph for your referal.
Thank You

Best Regards

Ayoola Afolayan