[TRNSYS-users] problem of sky temperatures

Pauline GELIN p.gelin at katene.fr
Thu Sep 19 00:33:24 PDT 2013

Thank you for your answer. Indeed, I read these differences in the manual but I don’t know for which case we need to use one or other of these sky temperatures definition.

In fact, I have another question about the effects of the value view factor given for walls and windows.
According to TRNBUILD manual (page 72),  the view factor must impact diffuse and long wave radiation as well as convective heat transfer coefficients, so it is especially  important for windows.
When I wanted to check these impacts using the IDSHAD outputs (total diffuse radiation on outside of external surface) with differents values of view factors (equal to 0 or 0.5 or 1) for walls and windows, I saw no difference in the results.
Could you explain to me these results ?Should I use another outputs to check these impacts? Am I wrong or right ?Is my understanding of the view factor false?

Thanks a lot in advance  for your answers.

Best Regards,

Pauline GELIN
Ingénieur Conception environnementale

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CEB514.E3154B40]