[TRNSYS-users] Thermal mass is not considered in Type 56 simulation!!

Mehrdad Farshchimonfared m.farshchimonfared at unsw.edu.au
Tue Jul 15 21:11:40 PDT 2014

Dear Trnsys users,

I have modelled a residential building with different building components (including different thermal masses) using Trnsys 3d, Type 56 . The simulation results show no thermal lag between hourly inside air temperature of each zone even if, the heavy materials are used. It is weird as it seems that Trnsys does not take into account the thermal mass of walls, floors and etc.

Have you come across with this problem previously?

If  yes, I wonder if you could please let me know how to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Mehrdad