[TRNSYS-users] Power conditioning unit input

Ioannis Dafnomilis idafnomilis at irec.cat
Fri Mar 28 04:16:41 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I am trying to model some load demands, imported into TRNSYS using the generic data reader (type 9).

I use a calculator to combine the different demands into one total, for which I can directly get a plot (in kW) from the online plot reader (Type 65d).

However when I try to run the load demand through a power conditioning unit (type 175a) I get no results at all at the plotter. I set the power output variable of the calculator as the power input of the power conditioning unit and a constant voltage as the Uin of the power conditioning unit.
No matter the combinations I try, I can´t get results plotted at all.

Do the power conditioning units only recognize as inputs, inputs from power sources that are already modelled in TRNSYS as such? Or what else can I do for the power conditioning unit to see the outpout of my calculator as a power input and give me results?

Thank you for the help.

Best Regards

Ioannis Dafnomilis