[TRNSYS-users] Solar collector array

Martin Berov martber88 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 05:35:51 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm simulating solar assisted heating with underfloor heating (set temp.
40C). I want to investigate the influence of solar collector connections in
the array (number of parallel and serial) in regard of solar fraction.
When I compare for example 32m2 with 4 in serial (flow rate 800 kg/h) I get
lower solar fraction compared with 32 m2 with 2 in serial (flow rate 1600
kg/h), even I get that the maximum solar fraction I can achieve if all 32
m2 (flow 3200 kg/h) are connected in parallel.
Only if I increase the flow rate at the serial connection then I get bigger
solar fraction.
I use solar collector Type 539 and tank Type 60 with internal heat exchanger

Does have someone experience(explanation) regarding this kind of issue?

Kind regards
Martin