[TRNSYS-users] Plenums and suspended acoustic paneld

Ajit Naik anaik at dbhms.com
Wed May 21 07:34:09 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I am attempting to model suspended radiant ceiling panels (heating and cooling) using the chilled ceiling layertype in trnbuild. I am also interested in looking into stratification fans between the space and the plenum above the panels to see what the impact on performance is. I would also like to compare the surface heat transfer on both sides of the same panel.

Is the correct way to model the airgap above by indicating an airgap in the chilled ceiling layer type, and inserting a sized airgap next in the walltype before the roof layers? If so, does anyone have any advice how to observe heat transfer off either side of the chilled ceiling layer (is subtracting the interior surface flux from the enerfy transferred to the fluid a reasonable approximation? Also, any ideas regarding stratification fans? I would typically use a second zone/airnode to model the plenum and implement a coupling airflow.

Thanks for any and all input!

Thanks

Ajit