[TRNSYS-users] Creating new compoment, system cannot find the file specified, Intel Visual Fortran

Wenye Lin wl950 at uowmail.edu.au
Wed Nov 5 16:30:45 PST 2014

Hi, there:

I got some problem in creating a new component by TRNSYS17. When I exported a new component as Fortran, it showed that "the system cannot find the file specified".

I do install Intel Visual Fortran XE2015 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (shell) in my computer. I checked the files created by TRNSYS, there were a .for file, and a .dsp file which I guessed can be opened by Visual Fortran. However, when I tried to open the .dsp file by Visual Fortran manually, the Visual Fortran cannot read the .dsp file. How to cope with the problem?

P.S.

I checked the ?Fortran environment in TRNSYS17 (File\Setting\Directories\Fortran environment), and the Fortran environment was "C:\Program  Files\...\Common\dfdev.exe". It seemed that the installation path of my Visual Fortran was not installed in the path. (According to the TRNSYS17 documentation 01 Getting start, Visual Fortran should be installed in the path). Then I tried to change the environment to the actual path where my Visual Fortran was installed, however, I could not fine the so call "dfdev.exe" file.

Could you give me some advices about the disturbing problem?

William Lin
PhD candidate; Tel: (+61)0452462323
Sustainable Buildings Research Centre (SBRC)
Innovation Campus, University of Wollongong, NSW, 2500