[TRNSYS-users] type22 stability/solarloop

SUNLIANG CAO caosunliang at msn.com
Thu Nov 27 00:52:07 PST 2014

Dear Michael,

Try the following solutions and advice:
1, Set the input 7 of type22 "Tolerance of tracking error" to for example 0.001 instead of 0
2, Set the 2nd parameter of Type 22 "Max number of oscillations" to for example 50 instead of 0

Sometimes, when the flow rate in the solar water loop is too low, Type 22 will be very difficult to converge. So also adjust the flow rate to avoid the low flow rate.

If all the above solutions fail, then maybe you can consider adjusting the configuration of your system in TRNSYS simulation and add a tempering valve+mixer to control the outlet temperature of the mixer instead of the outlet temperature of the solar collector. The algorithm of tempering valve Type 11b takes both the heat source temperature and the set-point temperature into account, which will converge better than Type 22.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
Sunliang Cao