[TRNSYS-users] Type 15-6, short timestep, weather data generated by meteonorm for arbitrary longitude/latitude (Nikos Androulakis)

Shahen Fakhraldin shahinrkl_7 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 05:51:17 PDT 2014

Hi Nick,

Last week, I posted a thread titled [Calculated horizontal beam exceeded the provided total radiation ERROR] about similar warnings in the type 15. Also, Ciarán Flynn posted a thread titled [Possible data error in TM2 Weather File and circumventing solar radiation error messages] about similar error.

I changed the time step in the example [Begin] to 1 min and I got the warning, as can be seen in the attached screenshot Fig a, while there was no warning at time step 20 min.

Also, I replaced type 15-6 to 15-2 with the same "tm2" file in the example and I got the same warning.

Then, I replaced the tm2 file by Miami, USA tm2 file and I got two errors in the horizontal extraterrestrial radiation and the horizontal beam radiation, as can be seen in Fig b.

I thought that the problem in the type 15-6, exactly in the processing of the horizontal radiations (beam, diffuse and global). But, I got similar warnings when the time step was changed to 1 min in the example [radiation processing] that uses type 9e and 16i, as in the Fig c.

I didn't try type 109 that was available in TRNSYS 16 and I don't know that the TRNSYS 17 accepts that type.

Kind regards,
Shahen