[TRNSYS-users] numerical solution in new type with C++

Iris Reichenbach iris.reichenbach at iwtt.tu-freiberg.de
Wed Aug 27 05:52:32 PDT 2014

Dear fellow TRNSYS users,
I have the following problem. I'm trying to write a new type for TRNSYS
in C++, which involves the numerical solution of differential equations.
Usually, SetNumericalDerivative is used to set the numerical derivatives
and then GetNumericalSolution is used to obtain the solution of the
differential equation. However, when trying to compile my code the
compiler gives the following error: "error C3861:
"getNumericalSolution": Bezeichner wurde nicht gefunden." That is, it
can't find the identifier getNumericalSolution.
I also tried to instead use the older form and write dtdt[i] = x,
instead of SetNumericalDerivative(i,x), but here I got the error message
"error C2109: Index erfordert ein Array oder einen Zeigertyp" (that is
index requires an array or a pointer).
I  use the project CPP-Mvs2003, which is included in TRNSYS/Compilers,
so it has access to TRNSYS.h and TRNDll.lib, and I also successfully
used my setup to generate another custom type, albeit without any
numerical solution.
So my question is: how can I solve numerical equations with a type
written in C++? How do I set the derivatives and how do I access the
solutions? Do GetNumericalSolution/SetNumericalDerivative not work with
C++ (I didn't find them in TRNSYS.h) and if so, what do I use instead?
Thanks in advance for any pointers!
Cheers,
Iris