[TRNSYS-users] About Type-952 for geothermal cooling

SANJEEV JAKHAR sanjeev.jakhar at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Mon Apr 27 08:59:47 PDT 2015

Dear sir/madam,

I have a doubt on Type-952 (Buried horizontal pipes) for geothermal cooling
in which the system supposed to be buried inside the soil. In the
parameters how to define the thickness of insulation since I don't want to
give thermal insulation to allow heat transfer between the pipe and soil.
If I gave insulation as zero value it is showing some error and simulation
no running. Please guide me how to solve the problem.
Also please clarify what is average surface temperature. Is it equivalent
to average annual ambient temperature or temperature of soil at a certain
depth.
Thanks & Regards,

*Sanjeev Jakhar*
Research Scholar

*Center for Renewable Energy and Environment Development (CREED)Mechanical
Engineering Department*
*Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani*
*Rajasthan - 333031*