[TRNSYS-users] About Type-952 for geothermal cooling

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Apr 28 18:32:22 PDT 2015

Dear Sir,

I just dragged out a Type 952 from the GHP Library, set the insulation
thickness to zero and it ran just fine - with and without flow. I
checked the source code and there is no mention of a recent bug fix
dealing with the insulation thickness. Are you sure that you don't have
som other error causing you problems?

As for the average surface temperature, for most applications it's
relatively close to the average air temperature for the site - but not
always. It is also close to the average deep earth temperature for many
locations as well.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 04/27/2015 1:05 am, SANJEEV JAKHAR wrote:

> Dear sir/madam,
>
> I have a doubt on Type-952 (Buried horizontal pipes) for geothermal cooling in which the system supposed to be buried inside the soil. In the parameters how to define the thickness of insulation since I don't want to give thermal insulation to allow heat transfer between the pipe and soil. If I gave insulation as zero value it is showing some error and simulation no running. Please guide me how to solve the problem. Also please clarify what is average surface temperature. Is it equivalent to average annual ambient temperature or temperature of soil at a certain depth.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> SANJEEV JAKHAR
> Research Scholar
> Center for Renewable Energy and Environment Development (CREED)
> Mechanical Engineering Department
>
> BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE, PILANI
> Rajasthan - 333031

Links:
------
[1]