[TRNSYS-users] PV panel for water heating - Problem with electric heating device

Anas Majdouli majdouli_anas at hotmail.fr
Thu Aug 13 18:41:09 PDT 2015

Hi TRNsys community,

For my project, I need to simulate a case : DHW
                    production using PV panel electricity output as an
                    input for the auxiliary heating within the tank. I used a master-slave heating device (Type 2270) to simulate heating from PV panel through the lower element and a back up heating (in case the set point temperature is not reached) through the upper element.

The simulation is for one year, using both Type 99 for solar irradiance and Tamb, and Type 15-6 for incidence angle, slope... I use also an aquastat to control the outlet temperature to 45°C. The
                    TRNsys file is attached to this email.

I am requesting for your help, because the
                    simulation doesn't seem working. It stops at 1789.3 hours. According to the list file, the error comes from how the heating device for the tank is used. I already tried to link directly the PV panel to the heating device, to change type 2270 into 2 separate electric heating devices (Type 1226). The simulation stops at exactly the same moment. Could you
                    help me please ?

Thanks in advance.

                    Yours Sincerely,

                    Anas MAJDOULI