[TRNSYS-users] Types 2a and 2b

Manrique Delgado Benjamin benjamin.manriquedelgado at aalto.fi
Tue Aug 25 07:05:33 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am getting poor results by using Type2b to control a solar collector, since it operates at some time-steps when it shouldn't (for example, when the temperature coming out from the tank is higher than the SC output temperature, effectively cooling the tank). I tried to switch to Type 2a, and changed to Powell's method, but the model won't run since I am using an Aquastat in a different part of the model, and that one requires the Successive substitution method.
Has anyone faced this problem before?
I am using a 0.25 hour resolution.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Best regards,