[TRNSYS-users] Thermal bridges/cold bridges on walls while using Trnsys3d plug-in

ITF - Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Wed Feb 11 01:06:41 PST 2015

Hi Ole,

You have different way to describe coldbridges effects :

 1. you can add as you write massless layer to take into account of
    coldbridges effect.
 2. you can add coldbridges directly in trnbuild
 3. you can modify your wall thermal resistance to take into account
    coldbridges effect in the U-Value you define

For methoods number 1 and 2, you have to choose a manual geometry mode
in trnbuild after importing your 3D model from sketchup.
Method number 3 allow you to conserve 3D data and geometrical
dependencies in your model (if it's absolutely necessary)

Best regards
Logo_ITF
*Adrien JEZEQUEL*
Simulation Dynamique - Calculs numériques

62 rue du Bolliet
73230 SAINT-ALBAN-LEYSSE
Tél : +33(0) 479 750 029
Fax : +33(0) 479 852 122