[TRNSYS-users] Conversion of epw weather files to tm2

Angel Carrera angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop
Fri Jul 31 02:50:17 PDT 2015

Hi,

as far as I know, you can use directly .epw files in TRNSYS, there is no
need for any conversion. In your project, right-click on the weather data
reader and select "Replace...", then browse to find and select type 15-3 in

Trnsys17\Studio\Proformas\Weather Data Reading and Processing\Standard
Format\Energy+ Weather Files (EPW)

And that's all, hope it helps

Angel

> Dear All,
>
> For some of the locations I don't have the .tm2 weather files which is
> usually imported in type 56-multizone building before starting a new
> project. But I have epw files for these locations.
>
> Can anyone please suggest me some ways to convert these epw files to tm2
> in TRNSYS or any other platform ?
>
> Is it possible to import and use  epw weather files in a new project of
> type 56 in TRNSYS 17 ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Niket Kumar
> Indian Institute Of Technology Kanpur

*Àngel Carrera*

*Consultor SeniorÀrea tècnica*

Sistemes Avançats d'Energia Solar Tèrmica SCCL
C/ Roger de Llúria, 29 3r 2a 08009 Barcelona
Mòbil: (+34) 663 27 66 80
Tel: (+34) 93 342 47 55
Fax: (+34) 93 342 47 56

angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop