[TRNSYS-users] Best Way to Troubleshoot Convergence Errors?

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jun 16 16:50:02 PDT 2015

The unit number is a unique integer that corresponds to a single model
in an project. To see the Unit number within the Studio, press the F2
key. You may also open the input file or the list file and see the unit
numbers. Typically convergence problems are caused by:

1) too big of a time step

2) not enough capacitance in a flow loop

3) poor controls

4) improper connections

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 06/16/2015 6:23 pm, Bradley Painting wrote:

> I am getting a large number of convergence warnings. As I understand, this means that the outputs of certain components are not stabilizing to specific values at individual time steps. How can I figure out which components are not converging? It reads Type "0" and Unit "0" next to each warning message in the log. Each warning ends with "Reported information: UNITS: 12 13 14 17", but I can't figure out what this means (what is Unit number?).
>
> I have tried using the TRACE feature, but without knowing where to start looking within the list file, it is hard to figure out what isn't converging. Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Brad Painting
>
> Master of Science Candidate, Renewable Energy Engineering
>
> Department of Technology & Environmental Design
>
> Appalachian State University
>
> Boone, NC 28608

Links:
------