[TRNSYS-users] SDHW using ETC (Type 71) & Tank with coiled HX (Type 534)‏

Anas Majdouli majdouli_anas at hotmail.fr
Tue Jun 23 20:21:19 PDT 2015

Hi TRNsys community,

It has been a long while that I am working
on this simulation, trying to fix the errors and improve the worksheet.
This is a 48 hours SDHW simulation for bath and shower in Singapore. I
use Type 99 for ambiant temperature and irradiance (delivered by the
lab) and Type 15-6 for the others parameters required for the collector
(Type 71).

Type 14b is used to define a water draw profile. Type
 14 is used as a forcing function for the pump in the solar loop. Type
534 contains one immersed coiled HX, and temperature inside is
controlled by an aquastat which is linked to an 2 stages auxiliary
heater. The parameters of the collector and the tank are from existing
brands. For the moment, I only considered a 2.66 m^2 collector.

I would like to have your feedback on the simulation. Is it working as it supposed to be ?
The temperature difference between inlet and outlet of the collector seems low. Is it normal ?
What's
 more, the inlet temp has the same behavior as the outlet temp (same
oscillations). The inlet temp shouldn't be more less variating and
colder than the outlet temp because of the heat exchange from the
immersed coiled HX to the tank ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and help. Any comment and/or suggestion is welcomed !

P.S
 : In the plot, the right axis is set from -15000 to +15000 kJ/kg
because of Q-HX which is negative. Indeed, according to the
documentation, the output (HX heat transfer) is the rate at which energy
 is transferred into the specified heat exchanger from heat exchange with the storage tank fluid.

Yours Sincerely,
Anas MAJDOULI
Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore (SERIS) - Intern