[TRNSYS-users] Doubt in Type 997

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri May 1 07:03:22 PDT 2015

Re: Type997

Imagine you have insulation above the horizontal ground heat exchanger on the soil surface that stretches out 4 meters beyond the edges of the pipe area and no insulation beyond that.  This parameter would then be set to 4.

My bigger question is why you would be using a detailed ground heat exchanger model when you only have one pipe.  I would recommend one of the simpler buried pipe models - unless you need one of the unique features of the ground heat exchanger model (surface insulation, multiple ground layers, etc)

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone