[TRNSYS-users] Integrator type24

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Sat May 16 13:47:55 PDT 2015

The integrator is working fine.  In TRNSYS, the integrator simply becomes the sum of (input value x time step).  With a one hour time step, the output value will be reset each hour.  Let's take a simple example of a 15 minute time step and a constant input value of 100.  At the end of the first time step, the value would be 25 (100/hour x 0.25 hours).  At the end of the next time step the value would be 50 (25+25).  At the end of the hour the value would be 100 before it resets for the next hour.  If you hook up a printer and print the integrated value each hour you'll get the average over that hour.

If you're looking to get a continuous average value for an input (for example the average value over the preceding hour) then there are other models that are better suited to that.  Check the utility libraries in both the standard package and the TESS libraries.

Jeff Thornton
TESS

Sent from my iPhone