[TRNSYS-users] To model fire with TRNSYS

Ben Heymer bheymer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 07:03:07 PDT 2015

Mehdi Taebnia,

It sounds like you are analyzing a smoke management problem. TRNSYS is not
the tool for this. You need a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tool, of
which there are many options.

TRNSYS is capable of coupling with COMIS or CONTAM to study problems that
involve both building energy transfers and fluid dynamics (such as natural
ventilation and passive cooling). But no one is concerned with energy when
something is on fire...

Ben Heymer, PE