[Virtual-sim] Apache Engine and Multicore Processors

Simon Chilvers simonc at me-engineers.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 04:24:15 PDT 2010

We only have the one network license here so that a no go.  I literally and forced down the route of doing a simulation in one chunk.

Largest Model I've built and run recently would be a Mixed Use Development in Croydon, London, UK.

58 storey building, 11 floors of simple open plan office space, 13 floor 180 bed hotel and associated dining/drinking/leisure space and residential tower with Penthouses on top.  In all it totalled 4500 thousand individual zones and a VE Compliance (Notional and Actual + Suncasts) took 4-5 days!!

A lot of this was taken up with Suncast... there was a very very complex curved fin arrangement around the façade with protuding balconies and winter gardens on the residential floors.

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/buildings.php?id=5701

Simon