[Bldg-rate] Welcome to BLDG-RATE

Paul Raymer praymer at heysol.com
Wed Sep 3 06:03:15 PDT 2008

Jason -
Thanks for putting this list together.  I am in the process of writing a
Residential Ventilation book for McGraw-Hill and would love input.
ASHRAE's Green Guide and their general focus is commercial green.  There
isn't much support for residential.  I am a member of the ASHRAE 62.2
committee, member of the LEED TASC on IAQ, member of the TASC for the
NAHB Green Building Standard on IAQ and Water, and Chair of the IAQ
Committee for the Home Ventilating Institute.
There is a great deal of bad information floating around out there about
the meaning of ASHRAE 62.2 especially with states like California
adopting it.  There is some information available on the relationship
between ventilation and low level pollutants, but not enough to
demonstrate to mainstream builders that they should think about it and
learn about it.
Input, thoughts, ideas would be welcomed.

Paul Raymer
Chief Investigator
paul.raymer at heysol.com
Heyoka Solutions, LLC