[Bldg-rate] [Bldg-sim] PSZ-AC

Eric Youngson ericy at pae-engineers.com
Fri Sep 5 10:14:09 PDT 2008

Kendra,

                You are right. The user-guide specifies on page G-27:

Systems 3 and 4 are single zone

packages with either gas or heat pump

heating. Whether the baseline building

system has an economizer depends on the

area served by the system, whether the

zone served is a perimeter or an interior

zone, and climate. Table G3.1.2.6A gives

the floor area served by the system, above

which an economizer is needed. For the

purposes of defining interior and

perimeter zones, any thermal zone that

has more than half of its floor area located

more than 15 ft from an exterior wall is to

be considered an interior zone, otherwise,

it is a perimeter zone.

Thanks!

Eric