[BLDG-SIM] Fan-powered VAV systems in DOE-2

Mark Mullins Mmullins at hecenergy.com
Mon Aug 2 15:03:42 PDT 1999

To PowerDOE/DOE-2 users:
Has anyone out there successfully modeled a DX fan-powered VAV system in doe-2.2 or doe-2.1e?  If so, what system did you use and how did you model the fan box part of it?

The system I have in mind must have the following functionality:
-VAV
-DX cooling
-Evaporative condensing
-Parallel fan-powered boxes that induce air from a plenum
-Thermostatically contolled reheat in the VAV box

This is one of the most common types of HVAC systems around, so I am wondering if someone out there has had any more luck than me in attempting to conquer the challanges of accurately modeling its controls & functionality.

Any thoughts?