[BLDG-SIM] DOE-2 Modelling Capabilities

Fred Winkelmann fcw at pegasus.lbl.gov
Wed Jul 28 09:22:32 PDT 1999

Steve:

The answers follow.

Fred Winkelmann

>Hi All,
>I'm interested in DOE-2's modelling capabilities.  Can the 2.1E engine
>handle
>   a. Walls that lean in or out (non-vertical)? YES
>   b. Curved walls? NOT DIRECTLY; CURVED WALLS HAVE TO BE DECOMPOSED INTO A
       SET OF RECTANGULAR WALLS WHOSE AZIMUTHS AND TILTS FOLLOW THE CURVE
       OF THE ORIGINAL WALL. THE TOTAL AREA OF THESE RECTANGLES
       SHOULD ADD UP TO THE SAME AREA AS THE ORIGINAL CURVED WALL.
>   c. Windows that lean in or out (non-vertical) with fixed shading
       devices? YES

>Thanks in advance
Steve Moller                                 EMail:
Steven.Moller at dbce.csiro.au
CSIRO B C & E                                FAX:   +61 3 9252 6251
PO Box 56, Highett, Vic. 3190                Voice: +61 3 9252 6000
Australia                                    Web:
http://www.dbce.csiro.au/res-cap/attl/

Mr. Steven Moller
Building Thermal Analyst
CSIRO Building Construction & Engineering