[BLDG-SIM] simulation tool for thermal comfort

Werner Keilholz werner at cstb.fr
Fri Jul 9 05:54:00 PDT 1999

Hello,

TRNSYS user Alain Cordier (Toulouse, France) has implemented thermal
comfort
calculations within a modified Type 56 (multi-zone building model).

This improvement allows the output of:

   PMV (Predicted Mean Vote)

        PPD (Predicted Percentage of Dissatisfied) and
        PPS (Predicted Percentage of Satisfied).

See
http://evl.cstb.fr/francais/projets/IISiBat/TRNSYS/trnsys14.htm
for details.

The team at university of Toulouse has also developped a detailed model
of the
human body (MARCL). The french version of an article describing this can

be downloaded from the WEB site of IBPSA France:

http://ibpsa-france.cstb.fr/

Hope this helps,

Werner

--
  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Project Manager
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, EVL Division
  /    \____ Mailto:werner at cstb.fr
  \____/     http://evl.cstb.fr/english/team/WK/werner.htm

  I'd rather be happy than right every day - Slartibartfast