[BLDG-SIM] Looking for DOE-2 weather data for the UK

Bob Ramirez bob at rer.com
Thu Jul 8 07:41:31 PDT 1999

Dear Group

Well, it was a long road, but I was finally able to track down the data as
well as other useful information.  For future reference, I thought I would
summarize my search results for the group:

1) There are two sources of the ASCII files:
   a) Jeff Hirsch (Jeff.Hirsch at DOE-2.com, http://DOE2.com
   b) IES Ltd. (contact Ian Molloy => ian at ies4d.com or http://www.ies4d.com

NOTE: These ASCII files are not in typical NOAA format and still need a
substantial amount of work to be able to read and convert them into DOE-2
BIN files.

2) Per an email from a John Fullwood (jfullwood at meto.gov.uk), the CISBE is
currently rewriting their guide to weather and solar data and, in conjuction
with this, a new series of weather datasets for design applications is being
produced.  These datasets will become available either from CIBSE or John's
office (phone is 44-1344-854673) at a special low price but not until early
next year.

A special thanks to Jim Pegues for the initial lead on this data, as well as
to all others for their help!

Sincerely,

Bob Ramirez
RER, Inc.