Welcome and Experience

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Thu Mar 4 06:26:46 PST 1999

Welcome Everyone!

About 60 people have subscribed so far to the BLDG-SIM
mailing list since my announcement yesterday.  To get
things started I thought I would tell people about my
background in simulation tools.

Shelter - A proprietary tool that I helped write in 1988
for evaluating the mechanical systems for passively cooled
telecommunications enclosures and small buildings.  Number
of current users is probably zero - I'm not even sure where
floppy with the source code is anymore.

DOE-2.1 - The tool of my dreams and nightmares.  I have
been using it since 2.1c and contributed to the development
of some of the gas cooling models and the revised economics
portion.  Especially good in systems, plant, econ and
macros.

DOE-2.2 - Have used some but it may end up being my future
bread and butter tool.  Do we have any frequent users of
this on the list yet?

ASEAM - Haven't used in years but did use it in a big
project (programming a prototype ASEAM to DOE-2 translator).

Enough about me, whats everyone elses experience?

Jason