[BLDG-SIM] EnerXML - A Schema for Energy Simulation Data Exch ange

Gowri, Krishnan krishnan.gowri at pnl.gov
Sun Apr 30 07:58:30 PDT 2000

My thanks to all those who contributed to this discussion thread.
I have so far about 12 people volunteering to participate in the schema
development.

This is a voluntary effort to represent energy simulation data in one dialect
(EnerXML).
With tools such as BizTalk server 2000 mappers, we should benefit without
translators to interface with other simulation programs and CAD applications
using the EnerXML schema.

I will have a DTD skeleton ready next week to start work on the schema.
Instead of overloading this mail server, I will send this only to those who have
volunteered.
If you are interested in reviewing the tag definitions, please let me know.

When the draft schemas are finalized, I will post it and announce to this list
for review and comments - possibly within the next three months.
Once the schemas are agreed upon, then we can start developing interface tools,
and start working with EnerXML data files.

- krishnan