[BLDG-SIM] EnerXML - A Schema for Energy Simulation Data Exchange

Rob Hitchcock RJHitchcock at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 26 13:23:27 PDT 2000

I agree that library/catalog performance specs for building
components like equipment and materials makes a lot of sense.
This would support e-commerce applications, and the ability to
search the web for component data that could be directly imported
into energy simulation models.

I feel that this work should be coordinated with the aecXML effort
underway within the International Alliance for Interoperability
(IAI).  See http://www.aecxml.org/index2.htm for more
information.  We are on the verge of achieving some level of
software interoperability with the IFC data model being developed
by the IAI.  It would be a shame to develop an XML schema that did
not build on this work.

Rob Hitchcock
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab