[BLDG-SIM] hot gas reheat - and a couple of hornets (PowerDOE)

Alec Stevens alecstevens at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:30:09 PST 2000

First of all, the whole "hornet's nest" discussion has been quite interesting.

If I may add my two cents:
As you can probably tell by the nature of the questions I have been asking this group, I am a relative newcomer to the world of building simulation.  This is not to say that I am doing simulations without any supervision or understanding of what's going on in the simulation and how it compares with "reality."

In the process of learning how do to these simulations, I have found the graphical interface of PowerDOE very helpful.  The HVAC system diagrams, the building views, and the help file (even if it isn't 100% complete) have made a big difference in how fast I am picking up the details and understanding all of this.

So I disagree with the perception that programs like PowerDOE allow newcomers to cheat their way around the "rite of passage" that experienced modelers have taken with text based energy simulation programs.  If anything, I think that the graphical nature of PowerDOE helps make my simulations more accurate, because I can understand what's going on better than I could if all I was looking at was a bunch of text.

Anyway, enough said.  The real reason for this email was to ask how to model hot gas reheat for a PSZ system.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Alec