[BLDG-SIM] CAD to energy simulation (was: hornets nest?)

Werner Keilholz werner at cstb.fr
Fri Jan 28 03:37:34 PST 2000

I'm only a computer science kind of person, with no real in-depth insight
in the underlying problems, but, in your (dear list) opinion, where does the
TRNSYS multizone building model stand in this discussion - developped
by a private company (TRANSSOLAR), with its graphical interface (by
CSTB) and hundreds of users in private industry ?

(And it now also has a cool CAD interface, which is even capable to connect
to AutoCad - http://evl.cstb.fr/iisibat.htm).

Again, this is a naive question, please forgive me. (And yes, I am involved in
TRNSYS developpment and worked on the above-mentioned Cad tool, so
I'm not quite neutral ;-).

Okay, send the flames ...

Werner

  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Project Manager
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, EVL Division
  /    \____ s-mail: BP 209, 06904 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS,  F R A N C E
  \____/     phone: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 46 -- fax: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 33
  /    \____ Mailto:werner at cstb.fr
  \____/     http://evl.cstb.fr/english/team/WK/werner.htm

  I'd rather be happy than right every day - Slartibartfast