[BLDG-SIM] Open source building energy simulation program

Charles Eley celey at dnai.com
Sun Jan 23 08:14:37 PST 2000

Jason,

Open Source has licensing restrictions. The main restriction is that
any enhancements, additions or modifications to the code have to
be offered on the same licensing terms as the original code. This
prevents proprietary branches.

Open source is a terrific model for the development of tools like
EnergyPlus that enjoy significant public investment.

Charles Eley
charles at eley.com