[BLDG-SIM] Linking to Trnsys-IISIBat

Werner Keilholz werner at cstb.fr
Mon Feb 5 03:33:17 PST 2001

Hi,

there are different ways to achieve this with TRNSYS.

1. If you want to make a new TRNSYS component written in
PASCAL (or any programming language) you need to compile your
sourcecode into a DLL - for PASCAL, it should not be a problem to
find a compiler that can do that. The DLL should be called EXTDLL.DLL.
This user DLL can then be called by TRNSYS, using type 61.

In IISiBat, you can use the "External DLLs" icon (type 61, under "Calling
External routines) or make your own, modelled after type61 (just draw a
new icon for your type and name  its INPUTS, OUTPUTS and
PARAMETERS in the PROFORMA editor in the way you want them
displayed in the Assembly panel).

2. If you want to link a stand-alone application written in PASCAL to
TRNSYS, you can use the type66 which is used to call EES equations
as a model.

Hope this helps,

Werner
PS: These features are only supported in TRNSYS 15 and up.

  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Project Manager
  \____/     CSTB Sophia Antipolis, EVL Division
  /    \____ s-mail: BP 209, 06904 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS,  F R A N C E
  \____/     phone: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 46 -- fax: +33 (0)4 93 95 67 33