[BLDG-SIM] new - freeware bin data generator

Randy Wilkinson randy at mail.hvacware.net
Tue Jul 10 17:28:20 PDT 2001

Would anyone like to try out my new FREEWARE program to generate bin
temperature data from TMY2 data?  I'm looking for feedback on ways to
make it more useful.  Download the self extracting zip file by entering this
   http://www.hvacware.net/tmy2bin.exe

There is no link from my site to this program.  You must type the above
URL to start the download.

This program converts TMY2 weather files to bin weather data for quick
energy calulations.  It considers the dry bulb temperature only. And
currently, only US imperial units. Your can choose to create 2 degree, 4
degree, 5 degree, or 10 degree temperature bins.

TMY2 weather data files are available for free on the Internet.  See the
README.TXT file for details.

This program is written in Visual Basic 6.  If you would like the VB6 source
code, or you have suggestions, email me at:

   randy at hvacware.net

Here is a sample output .csv file from TMY2BIN:

"SPOKANE, WA"
"Bin Low, °F","Bin High, °F", Hours
-20 ,-15 , 0
-15 ,-10 , 8