[BLDG-SIM] PC Problems, Possibly due to DOE2

Glenn Haynes glenn at rlw.com
Mon Nov 5 06:06:23 PST 2001

I recently experienced a rash of PC problems, including instability, EXCEL
shutdowns, memory shortages and excessive slowdowns.  My IS administrator
suspects this was due to the need for a simulated DOS environment to run
DOE2 under the Windows 2000 OS.

Right now I am operating just fine with a new hard drive, newly installed
Windows 2000 OS and a bare minimum of freshly installed software. It wasn't
necessarily DOE2 or even DOS, but we are afraid to reinstall DOE2 until I
receive some positive feedback form others who use DOE2 with Windows 2000.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with Windows 2000 and DOE2 (or
possibly other DOS programs)?

Thanks,
Glenn