[BLDG-SIM] Japanese HVAC Professional

Seaton, Bill bseaton at ASHRAE.org
Mon Nov 5 12:21:25 PST 2001

Ken,

By copy of your e-mail, I am forwarding this to a wide variety of
individuals who may have an interest in a person of Mr. Nakamura's talents
with the request that they contact you directly with any questions, comments
or expressions of interest that they may have.

Bill Seaton

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Balick [mailto:kbalick at home.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 2:05 PM
To: bseaton at ashrae.org
Subject: Japanese HVAC Professional

Dear Bill,

I am writing to seek your advice and suggestions regarding Mr. Hideaki
Nakamura, a talented Japanese air conditioning design and installation
engineer who seeks a one-year internship in the U.S.  There would be no
salary required.

Given your role heading research at ASHRAE and your industry expertise, I
would greatly appreciate it if you could forward my request to some
appropriate members/colleagues and let me know if you can suggest some
people I could contact on Mr. Nakamura's behalf.

Mr. Nakamura was selected by International Internship Programs (IIP), a
leading non-profit international exchange organization based in Tokyo (
www.internpro.com <http://www.internpro.com>  see Professional and Cultural
Exchange Program). IIP runs professional exchange programs that provide
highly-qualified Japanese professionals with opportunities to work with
leading companies in the U.S. and gain valuable international experience.
IIP has placed over  9,000 professional in over thirty countries.

I administer the U.S. aspects of the program, including arranging
appropriate placements. IIP asked me to identify a leading American company
involved with the installation of technically advanced air conditioning and
clean room technology systems that could benefit from hosting Mr. Nakamura.

Mr. Nakamura is currently a senior technical engineer for Takasago Thermal
Engineering, designing and supervising the installation of commercial air
conditioning systems in Japanese office buildings, hotels, shopping malls
and hospitals.  He also has significant expertise and experience designing
and installing cold storage and clean-room systems used in high-tech
manufacturing.   Previously, he managed Takasago operations in Hong Kong. He
is interested in further developing his expertise in facility management and
building services and would like to work on the installation side of the
business.

Mr. Nakamura would carry his own medical and worker's compensation insurance
and would be on an Exchange Visitors Program J-visa, arranged and sponsored
by IIP.  He would contribute his time and expertise in return for the
opportunity to work with leading American professionals.

The American host would benefit from gaining an extremely talented Japanese
professional who can make an immediate contribution, strengthen its
international operations, and make meaningful contributions to its HVAC
engineers.   Mr. Nakamura would benefit by gaining valuable cross-cultural
and international experience.

Please let me know if you can forward my request to some appropriate
individuals and if you can be of assistance in my efforts to find Mr.
Nakamura a good host. I would be happy to fax additional information about
the program and Mr. Nakamura and answer any questions you have about the
program.  Mr. Nakamura can also be available for a phone interview.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I look forward to
hearing from you.

Sincerely...Ken Balick
tel: 973 744-0560